Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bye Bye Nukie....

First night...sleeping without the nukie!

















Tonight was very bittersweet for dear Wesely....

when we got home from having dinner at Joel and Julia's there were no nukies in there usual spot in the cupboard. Wesley looked at me and said, "Do you think the Nukie Fairy came?" He ran upstairs to find a present laying on his bed. He was so very excited as I read him the letter left by the Nukie Fairy. He said, "I'm not even gonna cry mommy." He opened the present to find a spiderman sleeping friend. He was so excited and hugged him so tight. We then read stories and as he lay down to go to sleep he said, "Mommy, do you think the Nukie Fairy knew I loved spiderman?" I said, "Yes, I bet she does." As the minutes (seconds) went on...this tough, excited attitude changed into a very sad little boy bidding farewell to a beloved comfort. As the tears started to roll down his cheeks, he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I think I'm gonna cry." It was so sweet. I teared up as well. I asked if he would like me to pray with him. He said yes. As I prayed and he held my hand and cried for his nukie. I held him tight and comforted him. He then threw his new spiderman down and cried harder. I continued to talk with him reassuring him (and me) that we could do this. I gave him another big hug and kiss and went down stairs. 10 miniutes later....silence. So a total of 40 minutes and we have accomplished our FIRST night of sleep without the nukie! To bid farewell to our dear friend I have included some pics of my dear sweet boy and his nukie.....enjoy!














No comments: