Saturday, August 25, 2012

2nd Horse Show

As most of you know, Katherine had her first fall this year off the horse.
She was fine...a bit bruised, but fine.  Although her confidence was shaken and it has taken some time to build this back up.  Sierra, being the excellent and patient teacher she is, has done a wonderful job of pushing and waiting for Katherine all in the right time.
In the middle of July, Katherine participated in her second horse show.  She was in the Lead Line class again.  The day before the show she trotted by herself for the first time since she fell. 
She was excited to be in the show.  All of the girls did a great job and despite the rain pouring down..got right out there and got the job done.  Way to Cowgirl Up girls!
 Katherine is in the pink shirt and pink helmet riding Jack.



 Grandma and Wesley playing some tic tac toe...waiting for Katherine to show.
 Thank you Auntie Heather for the super hero squinkies...they were lots of fun while waiting!


 4th place and very proud!
Way to go Katherine!
We are so proud of you!!
 She looks so grown-up in her little jeans and western shirt.

 Wesley shares Katherine's love for horses and riding.
I have a feeling with him it is going to be a bit wilder and faster pace.
Hopefully no bucking broncs!
I am happy and excited to report that the day before Katherine's birthday she was getting ready for her lesson.  She came into my room and said, "Mom, since I am going to be six tomorrow...I think it is time for me to trot again on my own."  I told I thought that was great, but do what you feel comfortable with.  Grandma took her to her lesson.  When she got home she can running in the house so excited..."Mom, I did it!  My confidence is back!" 
And she hasn't stopped since.  She is riding a different horse and is loving life.
At the fair we watched the horse show and Katherine was able to hand out ribbons.
The whole time she kept saying, "Mom, can't I just go ride a little bit."
She truly loves it.
Thank you to Sierra for your amazing teaching and mentoring to Katherine and to the rest of the Spanglers as well!  We feel so blest to have the opportunity for Katherine to ride and know none of this would be possible without all of you!
You are an incredible family!
Thank you for all you do for us!!

No comments: