Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Best Day EVER!!"

We woke this morning to over a foot of snow on the ground and more coming down... We went out to FINALLY enjoy some fun time in the deep snow...when Katherine shouts...

"This is the best day ever!!"

Check out her giant snowball.

Wesley LOVES to eat snow!They both just walk around the yard falling in the snow and eating it!
Our house with the pretty snow cover.





Today was planned to be much different....

This was district dance team competition in Potlatch, ID. The bus was leaving at 6 am.

I got up at 4:00 am and began getting everything together when I looked out and saw we had gotten some snow.

Then I went out to start the truck and realized we had gotten ALOT of SNOW and it was coming down hard. In a series of 20 minutes and 5 phone calls, it was determined we would not be attending the event. However we do still qualify to go to State...due to weather permitting us to attend the qualifier. Hooray!!

So instead of being on a bus and with the dance team today...I was blessed with a snowed in day with the kids.

It was wonderful to hang out....clean house...snowball fights...snuggling..and games.

What a great day!!


Two of my greatest gifts! I love being a Mommy!!




These loaded backwards...but here was the big swing jump!

The shrill laugh of joy was the awesome!




This is Katherine yelling.....best day ever! While Wesley's is eating more snow!



Snowball Fight!



My Grandchildren!


Well technically the one in the aqua was my baby, but she is now living with us again. Part of Katherine's eye treatment is a eye drop daily that blurs the vision in her strong eye. This is to force her to use the weaker eye..thus hopefully making it stronger. Well you can imagine how much fun that it. So we made a deal that if she did it every night for two months (her next appointment). She could chose a toy from ToysRUs.

After much discussion on how many "children" she already had and visiting more stores..she chose her new baby girl...who has not been named yet.

It was one of the most precious moments. After I finally agreed...since I did saw she could chose anything...we were walking down the aisle and I looked to see her whispering in the doll's ear, "Hi Honey...shh shh you are alright..I am your mommy now. Everything is going to be alright. You are my sweetie. and then she kissed her." Too precious!


No comments: